INNOPUR AQUA PRIMER, is a two-component, water based, epoxy coating.
- Primer in applications with rising humidity / negative pressure (tanks, pools, foundations etc.),
- primer for other systems, e.g. epoxy or polyurethane based, cementitious,
- sealing coat for concrete,
- adhesive layer between old and new concrete,
- water / humidity barrier.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Highly effective water/humidity barrier.
- Easy application (water based).
- Low-odor, safe and non-flammable (zero VOC).
- Suitable for application in closed spaces.
- Easy clean-up.
- Strong adhesion even on damp or green concrete. Also on iron, galvanized steel, aluminium, glass and wood.
- Good mechanical properties and abrasion resistance.
Mix the two components well. Add water 10- 30%. Stir manually or using a low speed (300 rpm) mixer.
- As primer – Application in thin coats only. Apply with roller in one or two coats with total consumption of 150 gr/m2 .
- As water/humidity barrier – Apply with roller in three coats with total consumption of 600 gr/m2
- Recoat time cannot be determined in terms of hours since it is highly dependent on weather conditions: It can be as low as 5 hours during summer and as high as 24 hours during winter. Use the following rule of thumb to determine when recoating should take place. Recoat (with AQUA or INNOPUR ) once the colour on the current coat goes from milky white to transparent. Also check that the current coat has hardened to the degree where it can no longer be punctured by finger nail.
- Do not exceed the stated consumption numbers as this will affect adversely its adhesion and durability.
- Pot life of mixture is 1 hour maximum at 25 °C
- Do not apply when temperature is below 10 °C
- Hot concrete should be wetted before application.
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET